Friday, March 26, 2010

My first catch on the Provo River

In our second trip to the Provo River, Matt and I did as good as we could have expected. We went early in the morning before work to the Lower Provo. The day before we went into a sporting goods store to ask some questions about fishing on the Provo. We wanted to try some flies, even though we use spinning rods. We picked some up and were ready to slay them on the Provo. We tried a couple of spots where we could park and access the water, as we didnt know where we were going. After getting snagged a million times we decided to move on and finally we found a spot where the fish were jumping and it was deep enough that we wouldnt catch moss and sticks every cast. We each tried some lures first without any luck at all. I decided to throw on my black wooly bugger that I bought the day before with some split shot about 16 inches up from the fly. On my second cast I hooked up on the beauty that you see here. I released him back and by that time it was too freezing to keep fishing and we had to get to work anyway. A successful trip to the Provo.

1 comment:

  1. Nice job Nick. Beautiful fish! I'm gonna try a fly on my spin reel as well.

    ReplyDelete