Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Small Teton River = Big Fish

On the way to my in-laws house, I always drive over this small river called the Teton River. I never see anyone fishing it. I had my pole with me and decided to cast a few. It was cold, windy, and not particularly fun, when I got this monster bite! Unfortunately no fish. Now sold on this little river/creek, I spent another 20 minutes casting when I felt a huge tug and my pole bent way down. This fish put up a great fight and turned out to be a 20 inch Cutthroat. Not bad for driving out to my in-laws! I was using the same lure I used before, the small gold metal fish with a red tip on the nose. It was about 5:00 pm, down the street from the shell station in Rexburg.---Casey

1 comment:

  1. Not bad fish you have on all your pics. I'd be a bit careful with them being on the ground if you plan on releasing them. It's best to keep them in the water if you can, unless you plan on eatin' them. Again, nice catches!

    ReplyDelete