Sunday, April 11, 2010

Boise River = Bad Fishing



I went and visited my parents this week in Boise, Idaho. My dad and I decided to hit the rivers and lakes and fish for a few hours each day. But the Boise River, is a big no no from my experience. After 2 days of frustration on this big river, I found out that the Boise during the spring is extremely difficult to fish. The spring runoff and fluctuating waters makes fishing difficult. Not to mention these fish see lures all day long. I then found out that where we were fishing, was mostly bass, browns, and weird fish (not an actual fish). We had been using the wrong lures most of time. We decided to ditch the rivers and went to some community ponds where we caught about 15 trout, all about a foot long. Certainly nothing to brag about. So much for amazing western Idaho, I'm sticking to the eastside.

No comments:

Post a Comment