Monday, May 31, 2010

Snowed-In







We had big plans for Memorial Day. My in-laws and my wife and I, loaded up the canoe and we drove about 2 hours to reach meadow lake. Meadow lake is about 9,000 feet in elevation, and we drove higher, and higher, and higher. Unfortunately, the snow got taller and taller and taller. On a dirt road on top of a mountain, we found the snow too tall to get our vehicles through. A park ranger found us moments later and told us there is about 3 feet of ice still on the lake!


Far from any lakes, we saw a little creek on the way up, so we decided we would give it a shot. I caught 3 little fish from a little tiny creek. It turns out that this is a juvenile rainbow. I have never seen a rainbow with this color before. (notice in the picture my hands are yellow from using Powerbait! lol. Spinners do not work in tiny creeks) The area was beautiful and I will certainly be returning there when the weather gets better.

No comments:

Post a Comment