Friday, May 14, 2010






So, nick and I went up to strawberry thinking it was going to be a perfect day for fishing. We got up there around 6 and fished at the ladders. Nothing was biting and all the ice was practically thawed out. It was a nice day with plenty of daylight so we decided to go to our normal spot. We got our waders on and went out fishing for 30 minutes. Nick caught a nice rainbow/cutthroat, then caught another cutthroat all within 30 minutes. Then the wind picked up and we saw the huge storm coming towards us. After having lake waves about 1 foot high we decided it was just too much. So we decided to leave

After we left we decided to hit up deer creek on the way home. The water was glass with no wind just as dusk coming. We casted out a few times with no bites but we could see things jumping from the water thinking it had to be fish. I casted my line a good 25 feet out and when my lure got close to the shore I saw something big chasing it. It took the hook!!!!!!, I got a HUGE FISH!!!!!, right? No, when i pulled it in it was a bird. It was a western grebe. I tried for a little bit to get my lure back, but it was in the beak. I cut the line, the bird swam out a ways and I could see my $4 lure in its mouth. Thanks bird. It was a crazy day for fishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment